Payverse is part of the Payscout group of companies and provides the opening of a fluid worldwide Commerce market to US and global merchants alike; “Connectivity Unbounded”. We are looking for key members to join our growing team. The Director will be responsible for leading the developing policies, standards and desktop procedures, initial and periodic due diligence, fraud detection, remediation, and reporting, overseeing compliance of merchants or ISOs potentially generating tens of millions of transactions worldwide.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will identify areas of focus and implement processes to improve the overall quality and efficiency of Underwriting/Risk/Compliance departments, while minimizing exposure and losses but maximizing application approval ratios and revenue enablement. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven history of implementing fraud process improvements, an in-depth knowledge of fraud detection and prevention. Candidate should be “Thought Leading” in vision and practice efficiencies/effectiveness and have the ability to train and mentor a growing team. The Director of Risk & Compliance will be solely focused on the development and implementation of industry-leading tools and processes. A successful candidate will have the ability to understand the day-to-day challenges of their team and how to enhance their response, review and completion time frames while also enhancing transaction and account monitoring programs.
- Lead and manage Underwriting/Risk/Compliance team by encouraging sound financial analysis and decision making.
- Foster relationship-building with merchants, agents/ISO/BRP, strategic partners and vendors to ensure profitable and productive relationships.
- Communicate effectively with agent/iso/brp partners and vendors to enhance reputation and ensure objectives are met.
- Competent with AI and Machine-learning fraud systems and analyses.
- Translate complex quantitative information into presentations that are easily understood by senior management on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, implementing Underwriting/Risk/Compliance” practices to ensure organization is competitive in the marketplace.
- Competent in business planning and budgeting.
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility.
- Foster a collaborative approach to strategy development by collaborating with Risk Management, Underwriting/Risk/Compliance, Operations and Finance to ensure future Underwriting/Risk/Compliance aligns with business expectations and optimizes future profitability.
- Actively coach and manage direct reports, foster a “Feedback Welcome” environment, and develop employees for wider roles and responsibilities to foster professional growth.
- Create a positive environment by modeling accountability, flexibility, continuous improvement by “Always Learning”, collaboration, “Innovation” and “Impactful.”
- Maintain detailed records of all actions and results and provide necessary reports Management, partners, relevant governmental regulators and auditors, and to the Card Scheme and other constituencies.
- Create departmental performance metrics programs to aide in the improvement of departmental effectiveness and cost-efficiencies. Build business cases for Risk management related projects or products and defining success metrics for tracking effectiveness of initiatives post-launch.
- Evolve underwriting, risk, and compliance related policies.
- Identify relevant 3rd party data and service providers and support the negotiation, integration and management of on-going relationship.
- Continuously learn about and evaluate “best practices” external risk-based programs and customer needs to manage and influence needs, direction & performance for its risk & fraud management programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop tools and processes to enhance efficiency of vetting and monitoring; assist in new product development and related risk endeavors.
- Identify and keep up to date on key national and international policies and economic, political, and social trends that affect the organization.
- Very clearly and concisely communicate inwritten or oral form, including development of policies, procedures, standards, training materials (internal and external), status and investigative reports and so forth.
- Lead and direct special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7-plus years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing or leading others; increasing levels of responsibility.
- Mastery of relevant resources, such as financial reports, credit bureaus, internet and other investigative scoring and due diligence services and tools, fraud monitoring systems.
- Experience in risk management, credit Underwriting/Risk/Compliance and/or portfolio management-capacity for financial services, payment services, or merchant account acquiring companies.
- Aptitude for data-driven decision making with a history of driving process improvement and efficiency using prospect and customer data. Analytic background with the ability to understand how various data sets can be used to help drive better Underwriting/Risk/Compliance and risk analysis and practices.
- History of taking a hands-on approach and personally working across the organization to research, define and execute on new initiatives.
- Excels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; manage changes, set, and follow priorities and execute on vision and strategy.
- Experience in developing and implementing Risk Management, Underwriting, Risk, Compliance and fraud strategies processes and procedures and training teams in the execution of those strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in articulating to the company the strategies, plans and measurements of all key risk and fraud activities to internal constituents, board members and external banking partners.
- Personnel leadership-strong work ethic; mature and professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and coordination skills; ability to handle stress, high pressure and short deadlines. Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure while prioritizing and delegating effectively.
- Experience and broad base knowledge of Fraud Operations and Compliance and Regulatory requirements including a solid understanding of local data protection, banking, card association and compliance requirements.
- International payments experience preferred, including the identification assessment and management of all potential types of relationship and transaction risk and country-specific risk.
- Discretion and ability to maintain highly confidentiality of information.
- History of building and capitalizing on beneficial internal and external relationships.
- Proven record of collaborating with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal.
- Understanding the potential intended and unintended consequences of a given decision, both small-scale and on the organization as a whole.
- Utilize effective research and investigative techniques.
- Thought leader: Recognized as an authority and expert in the payments ecosystem and utilize thought leadership to create demand for company’s products and solutions.
- Innovator: Ability to introduce new ideas, processors, and products to improve operational efficiency and revenue generation.
- Inspirational Manager: Must be able to see and clearly communicate the company vision and the revenue strategy across all relevant functions and ensure the right goals are defined and met.
- Business acumen: Must regularly measure and analyze productivity and effectiveness, form strategic product road maps, create market positioning and competitive advantages, and determine budget trade-offs with a goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results.
- Data-driven/ metrics-driven: Create a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results.
- Results-oriented: Assume a long-term, integrated perspective while also striving to drive quarterly revenue results. Commit to short-term results, forecasts future revenue, and takes accountability for both short-term success and longer-term strategy.